Monday, June 15, 2009

The adventure begins...


I arrived in Fairbanks at 2 in the morning on June 10th. It looked dusky outside and was apparently the darkest it is going to get for a few months. I had the next day to adjust a bit and explore Fairbanks before I was shipped into the middle of nowhere.... I arrived at Toolik the night of the 13th. Along the way up we saw a group of sheep with several babies that were so small, they must have just been born. I also saw a snowshoe hare, a teenage moose, and two grizzly bears! It was an amazingly scenic ride. We drove up the Dalton Highway following the Alaskan pipeline up through the rolling hills of the Southern Brooks Range and down the northern side of the mountains to mile 285.4, which is where I now reside...

No comments:

Post a Comment