Saturday, August 1, 2009

Molar Mountain

I am a little behind with posting -- Sorry! Last Sunday I went on a very laid back hike up molar mountain. I have been pretty wiped out and this weekend we are planning to do an overnight trip to hike up Gates Mountain, so I decided that an easy hike is exactly what I needed. It turned out to be a group of girls, so we did plenty of girl talk and gossiping (and joked how our "girly activity" was hiking up a small mountain rather than a big one!). We meandered up the mountain and did plenty of exploring along the way! There were a bunch of awesome caves, which I learned were actually grottos. It was not a "real" cave since the natural light extends all the way to the back. Towards the end of the hike, we dropped our packs and did a little bit of more technical climbing to get to the top of smaller peak we found. It was fun on the way up, with the exception for one scary moment when I lost footing... I had images of me going splat on the ground 20 feet below ... but I had good hand holds and was okay, just had a bit of an adrenaline rush!


Amy climbing out of the cave

The top of the mountain actually looked kind of like a molar!

No comments:

Post a Comment