Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The next adventure ... Jaco, Costa Rica

My mom and I have been talking about taking a girls bonding trip for who knows how long. Since I finally have a couple months to relax after my last job in Woods Hole and before I start Graduate school, we decided to carpe diem! We arrived a bit worse for the ware but happy nonetheless yesterday afternoon in San Jose Costa Rica. After a little confusion with the taxi driver we grabbed a shuttle to Jaco where we will spend the next few days doing yoga, surfing, and many other activities. On the way up we learned all about the coffee bean; the plants grow rampantly here. The beans are hand picked, peeled, and then roasted. During the drive we also saw a tornado over the ocean. It was fairly brief, but we watched as a definite funnel developed from a foreboding wall cloud and then elongated down to the water. It was pretty exciting! It is truly beautiful here. The hotel feels like we are right in the jungle. There are hotel cats roam all over the grounds and are always happy to come up and rub against your legs requesting a pat on the head. I was so tired I just crashed last night when we arrived at our hotel. My mom got up early to go for a run (while I continued to sleep) and we are now about to go to our first "Power Yoga" class is this morning. I will get some pictures today to post!~

No comments:

Post a Comment